Full Service ModelPapanui High School has been at the forefront of the development of the “Full Service School” concept in New Zealand.
The components of our “Full Service” are:
The Student Support Centre
- Director of Student Support
- Careers Counsellors
- Guidance Counsellors
- Social Worker
- Student Placement Officer
- Learning Support Centre
- “Gateway” Coordinator
A School-Wide Health Programme
- Health – compulsory subject Years 9 –11
- Optional subject Years 12 – 13
- Student/Staff/Parent Health Committees
- Participation in the “Health Promoting School” and “Mission On” projects
- On site Health Clinic
- Public Health Nurses / Doctor
- Family Planning Nurses
Links with agencies outside the school
- Alternative education providers such as Te Kaupapa Whakaora.
- CYFS, Group Special Education, Family Mental Health, etc.
Pastoral Care network
- Heads of Level
- Form teachers