Information regarding formative assessment week
Senior Examinations are taking place over 5 days - Monday 17th to Friday 21st September 2018.
To see the exam timetable click here
Examinations are timetabled for Year 11, 12 and 13 courses. All Year 11, 12 and 13 students will be on study leave for the duration of the examination period, from Monday 17th to Friday 21st September.
Students are expected to use the leave to prepare for their exams and assessments or continue with set class work either at home or school. The careers room, A12, is available during this time as a quiet study place.
Some examinations count as assessments towards a final grade for qualifications while others are practices for the end of year national examinations. The results from these practice exams may be used as evidence in the emergency grades process for NZQA.
Students please note:
- All morning exams start at 8.30am sharp, except the MCAT on Thursday 20 Sept @ 10.45am.
- All afternoon exams start at 1.00 pm sharp.
- Be at your exam at least 15 minutes early. Exams range in time from 1 hour through to 3 hours.
- Some exams (usually practicals) require the student to book into time ‘slots’ – their teacher will do this with them.
On the back of this letter is an exam timetable for you to check when students are expected at school and to help set a revision programme. Please highlight the exams/assessments you will be doing!
Examination information for students
- Students must present themselves in full and correct uniform.
- It is wise for students to arrive with time to spare as important information is read to them at the beginning of each exam session. Students arriving late will miss this important information.
- Late entry is at the discretion of the supervisor. (A good reason will be required.)
- Students are encouraged to leave all cell phones, iPods, MP3 players etc at home. They are allowed to bring a cell phone (turned off) & house key in a clear plastic bag for emergency purposes. This MUST be placed under their desk at the start of the exam.
- The students should line up quietly outside the exam room and only have their examination equipment with them. Notes from last minute revision must not be taken into the examination room. Everything else should be in their bags.
- Students may drink water only from a clear sipper bottle.
- The consumption of any food is prohibited.
- Students are encouraged to stay the full time of the exam. However, they will be allowed to leave after 45 minutes if they choose to. Students are NOT allowed to leave in the last 15 minutes of the exam.
- Students writing equipment (pens, rulers, rubbers, etc) MUST be in a clear plastic bag.
- Students are not to write in pencil, red pen or use twink.
- Students are not to doodle or write silly statements on their exam paper.
- Students’ bags must be left at the back of the hall/exam room or in the hall foyer.
- Students need to enter & leave the hall/exam room quietly.
- Students sit where directed in rows.
- Students must follow all instructions promptly; failure to do so may result in them being requested to leave the examination.
- Students must not talk to anyone except the supervisor(s) during the examination.
- If students need to use the toilet, they must put their hand up and ask.
If you have any concerns/issues please do not hesitate to contact me.