Second-hand Uniform Sales
A service provided by PTA volunteers, for Papanui High families, and for fundraising to support students
Forthcoming Second-hand Uniform Sales
Thursday 10 June
Doors open 5pm
Last entry 6:20pm
Doors close 6:30pm
Location: G1 study hall (signage will guide you from Langdons Rd carpark)
Sales by cash and EFTPOS only (no credit cards)
Essential Details for All
Additional questions, please email Claire, [email protected] (please do not call the school, as it is the PTA who run the second-hand uniform shop)
The PTA only sell through sales (six or seven per year). Unfortunately, we simply do not have the volunteer capacity to provide personalised shopping experiences.
The next sale after June is planned for term three.
Details for sellers
For guaranteed inclusion in this sale, drop off to school office by Monday 8 March, 2:30pm with completed form (blank forms provided at office).
Only four pieces of information are required:
- Name, as appears on bank account
- Phone number (preferably mobile)
- Personal email address
- Bank account number
Any additional information you wish to give must be written on the extra paper provided. Incorrectly filled out or defaced forms will incur a delay in processing, and no guarantee for inclusion in next sale is given.
If you’d prefer to avoid filling out the form, or you’re in a position to gift items, donations of clothing are always welcomed.
All profits from kind donations, and commissions, are given to our school through grants towards sports and cultural activities, and the like.
- Please bring your uniform to the school office (main reception or student office).
- Please speak to a staff member (they collect on behalf of the PTA). You will be provided with form to fill out. This must be completed at the office. Compulsory details are
- name (the same as stated on your bank details)
- phone number (preferable mobile)
- personal email address
- bank account details.
Failure to provide any of these details will incur a delay in processing and/or payment.
Tips to increase selling price, likelihood of a sale, and ease of transaction:
1 Bring your items along in a bag.
2 Ensure clothing is clean, ironed, and free from stains, as much as possible. Soak white clothing in stain remover/whitening product.
3 Mend, if necessary. (This is not essential, but will command a higher price, if done well).
4 Remove pet hair.
5 Remove pilling.
6 Fasten buttons and zips. Roll jacket hoods into their own pockets.
7 If items are dry-cleaned, please leave dry-cleaning tags and protective covers ON.
8 'As new' and new items will be displayed on our 'premium' rack and will command a higher price. Always leave original tags on if item has never been worn.
9 Keep heavily stained, paint-splattered, considerably damaged, and non-regulation uniform items at home. We do not sell these.
By having us sell your uniform on your behalf, you agree to the following terms and conditions
- The PTA sells uniform on your behalf. Our commission is 25% of the sale price on all items sold on behalf.
- You may donate the uniform items to the PTA. (All proceeds will be given to the school through the PTA’s usual channels).
- Reimbursement is made when items are sold and is made by direct credit.
- Sellers will not be notified when or if their goods are sold. Notification is by way of deposit into your bank account.
- Sales of $5 and under will be held until other items are sold, unless it is your last, or only item.
- You must contact us ([email protected]) if any of your contact details or bank account change. If bank account is out of date, or not supplied, and you cannot be contacted we will decree sale proceeds as donations.
- All items must be regulation uniform, in at least reasonable condition, and clean. Any other items will not be returned, they will be given away, or disposed of, without notice.
- By law, no socks, hosiery, or shoes can be sold. They can be donated and will be gifted (no charge) to any student.
- If an item has not sold after three years, we reserve the right to donate to the school, or dispose of, without further notice.
- Goods not in a saleable condition (heavily damaged, stained, etc, especially white shirts and tops) will be disposed of or given away for free. This is at the discretion of the strict processing rules.
- The PTA will price items for you, or you can attach a separate list of suggested prices. The PTA reserves the right to alter prices if an item does not sell one year from date of receipt.
- Uniform sales are run by a small group of people who give up their free time to provide this service. Every care will be taken to avoid theft and loss of items. We take no responsibility for reimbursement of lost or stolen items.
Details for buyers
The full range of uniform is available, although stock of shorts, skirts, and jackets are currently low.
Every single item has undergone quality control. Stock is organised by quality and size to enable you to meet your needs quickly and easily.
PTA volunteers are present at each sale to assist you.
Currently we have in stock:
- New and 'as new' items. A new section for those wanting top quality items, at a major discount.
- A wide range of very good to good quality items, which are priced at 50%, or less, of retail.
- A separate section of heavily discounted items which may be of interest to those who are happy to spend some time mending or cleaning.
- We also have a small number of good shoes and clothing in less than good condition (e.g. significant stain removal required) to be gifted to any student.
Any additional questions, please contact Claire, [email protected]