Tomorrow's School Review
The report by the Tomorrow’s School Independent Taskforce Our Schooling Futures: Stronger Together |Whiria Ngā Kura Tūātinitini was released in December 2018. The Independent Taskforce is now very keen to receive feedback from as many people as possible to help them complete their final recommendations.
Public consultation on the report is now open and we really encourage school staff, board members, PTA members, parents, whānau and wider school community to have their say on the future of our schooling system:
- The Taskforce will be holding public consultation meetings around the country. These have already begun and will finish on Wednesday, 27 March. We really encourage everyone to come along to these events and discuss the future of our schooling system. The full schedule is now available on our website (venues will be added for events as they are confirmed): https://conversation.education.govt.nz/conversations/tomorrows-schools-review/have-your-say-today/ .
- An online survey: this canvasses opinions on each of the 32 recommendations, is now available https://consultation.education.govt.nz/tsr/survey2019/and will remain open until 31 March 2019.
- A free 0800 number for oral submissions: call 0800 FOR TSR (0800 367 877) to leave your thoughts on the future of our schooling system.
- Postcards: for students, families and anyone who just wants to briefly ‘have their say’ on a recommendation or the full report. Freepost postcards will be available at the public meetings.
- Formal written submissions: these can be sent to: [email protected]
Consultation closes 7 April 2019. We want everyone to have their say and we want to do our very best to listen carefully to what is said.
From the Independent Taskforce
Bali Haque (Chair), Barbara Ala’alatoa, Mere Berryman, John O’Neill, and Cathy Wylie