COVID Alert level 4 update 19 August 2021
Thursday 19 August 2021
Kia ora koutou
Today's correspondence brings a watching brief to the current situation across New Zealand. Tomorrow will be an important day, as we wait for an update as to where Christchurch sits in relation to the lockdown status. We are all hopeful of a move away from Level 4. Should this not happen and the Level 4 lockdown is extended, then the Ministry of Education has advised that a very limited number of school staff can go on-site to prepare hard-pack materials and/or digital devices, for distribution to the homes of students. At this stage students, parents and caregivers are not permitted on site, which means a contactless pick-up option is not currently possible.The Ministry of Education is looking at a way to amend this.
Should we go into an extended lockdown, staff will communicate with you and your child to find out what their needs are to continue learning from home. We are working with the Ministry of Education to ensure we can get Chromebooks or hard pack resources to our students should it be necessary and will communicate with you as to when and how these will be delivered.
We will continue to communicate with you over the coming days. Thank you for your ongoing support of our school staff and community.
He waka eke noa - We are all in this together
Take care and look after yourselves
Ngā mihi nui
Mr. Jeff Smith
Principal - Tumuaki
The Ministry of Health and Education has provided the following supporting information;
Keeping yourself updated
· The Ministry of Education website http://www.education.govt.nz/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-3/ will continue to be updated with education related information.
· The Ministry of Health website https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus will be regularly updated with health and status information.
· The All of Government website https://covid19.govt.nz will also have the latest updates.
Support Services Available
If there is an urgent matter that requires assistance, please contact the following:
- Free call or text 1737 support from trained counsellor
- Child, Adolescent & Family (CAF) Emergency Team (Business hours) 0800 218 219 - press 2
- Crisis Resolution, Freephone 0800 920 092, (After hours), 7 days a week.
- Youthline – 0800 376 633 or free text 234
- Lifeline – 0800 543 354
- Suicide Crisis Helpline – 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)
If it is an emergency or you, or someone you know, is at immediate risk call 111