COVID Alert level 4 update 18 August 2021
Wednesday 18 August 2021 - Update
Kia ora koutou
As we move through day 1 of the Alert Level 4 lockdown, it is important that we reassure ourselves and our students that these are extraordinary times. We all hope that by the end of the week there will be some encouraging news and our lockdown status will be lowered.
At this stage we are focussing on supporting our students through to the end of the week and as such, their wellbeing and safety remains our greatest priority, as does that for our staff.
Our staff have been working through a process of “Checking in and Connecting” with students and this will continue tomorrow. The aim of this is to gain a better understanding of student wellbeing and to support opportunities to continue with school work over these few days.
It is important to note that both teachers and students are asked to continue with their teaching/learning the best that they can whilst taking care of themselves. We understand that each home environment is different and those circumstances will influence how and when students can do their learning and when staff can support the teaching process.
The Senior Course Selection Evening planned for Thursday 19th August, has been postponed. The event is now rescheduled in a reduced format, and will be combined with the Year 10 into 11 evening, on Wednesday 25th August. Further updates/information will be provided next week, including any other events that may require changing.
We will continue to communicate with you over the coming days. Thank you for your ongoing support of our school staff and community.
He waka eke noa - We are all in this together
Ngā mihi nui
Mr. Jeff Smith
Principal - Tumuaki
The Ministry of Health and Education has provided the following supporting information;
Keeping yourself updated
· The Ministry of Education website will continue to be updated with education related information.
· The Ministry of Health website will be regularly updated with health and status information.
· The All of Government website will also have the latest updates.
Support Services Available
If there is an urgent matter that requires assistance, please contact the following:
- Free call or text 1737 support from trained counsellor
- Child, Adolescent & Family (CAF) Emergency Team (Business hours) 0800 218 219 - press 2
- Crisis Resolution, Freephone 0800 920 092, (After hours), 7 days a week.
- Youthline – 0800 376 633 or free text 234
- Lifeline – 0800 543 354
- Suicide Crisis Helpline – 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)
If it is an emergency or you, or someone you know, is at immediate risk call 111