COVID Alert level 4 update 17 August 2021
Kia ora koutou
The government has announced that we are going into a 3 day COVID Alert Level 4 lockdown from 11.59pm this evening, with the aim of managing and minimising the risk of the disease in New Zealand. It is important once again, that during this time we focus on wellbeing and keeping safe.
At this stage, the School site will be closed for 3 days (18 August to 20 August) for all staff and students. As I'm sure you can appreciate, with such short notice, we were unable to hand out devices or hard packs to students in order to support distance learning. Our aim is to have teachers, where possible, to be in touch tomorrow with some information to support learning from home.
In the meantime, students should have some school work that they can carry on with. We ask that they manage this the best they can given their personal circumstances.
We will be waiting for further updates and information from the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education as to how we proceed from here. This will be communicated through regular updates to our community via email, the school website, facebook and the School App. Students are advised to check their school email and google classrooms.
The Ministry of Health and Education has provided the following supporting information;
It is really important we do everything we can to keep our community safe. Alert Level 4 means we need to stay home in our bubbles and avoid any travelling as much as possible. Supermarkets, pharmacies, foodbanks and other essential services will be open – but remember to wear a face covering if you are out and about (even a scarf wrapped around your mouth and nose will help). Check in using the NZ COVID Tracer App wherever you go and please also keep a distance from people you don’t know and wash your hands well and often, especially before and after using any public facilities.
Please go to the Ministry of Health website if you have recently visited Auckland or the Coromandel region. There is a list of locations the confirmed case has visited while they were considered to be infectious. If you were at one of those locations and at the same time as specified on the website, then please follow the relevant instructions to isolate and potentially to get tested. Please keep checking that webpage as new locations may be identified over time.
We will continue to communicate with you over the coming days. Thank you for your ongoing support of our school staff and community.
He waka eke noa - We are all in this together
Ngā mihi nui
Mr. Jeff Smith
Principal - Tumuaki