Accomodation Information-International - Papanui High School
Students are provided with homestay accommodation during their stay in New Zealand. The school's homestay coordinator is responsible for placing students into a suitable home in the Papanui area. All overseas students must live in a designated homestay.
Accommodation may be arranged through Papanui High School or by a designated caregiver, which is then approved by Papanui High School.
Papanui High School homestay accommodation will:
- Provide a safe physical and emotional environment, conducive to studying
- Provide a warm, comfortable furnished single room with study facilities
- Provide 3 meals a day
- Provide laundry services
- Treat you as a member of their own family
- Set reasonable house rules for your guidance and for you to respect
- Encourage you to participate in the family’s activities and events (eg: chores, sports, family trips) and help you with speaking in English
- Provide regular contact with their Homestay Coordinator to make sure that you are happy in your homestay
A typical New Zealand home may have 3 bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen, bathroom and laundry. Most homes have a garden and usually have pets (eg. dog, cat) that are treated as members of the family.
Students are required to provide their own toiletries (i.e. toothpaste, hair shampoo).
If you would like a Papanui High School homestay, please download and complete the following forms and return to the school with your enrolment forms:
Homestay- details for placement