Adult and Community Education - News Updates
Papanui High School Adult and Community Education Department are looking for the following tutors for our Term 2 Night classes scheduled to begin the week of 9 May 2022
Art either Drawing or Painting or both
Creative Writing or Short Story Writing
We are also wanting to hear from tutors with suggestions for any new and innovative course ideas.
Our Tutors are required to have demonstrable knowledge of the subject being taught. For many courses this may be the result of your own particular work experience, formal education and training or self-directed knowledge. Most tutors are not expected to hold a formal teaching qualification
Tutors must have NZ citizenship, residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Our current tutors come from a wide range of backgrounds – they are people who may have a special talent, skills or set of ideas that can be passed on to others. The basic requirements are a love for your subject and a desire to share this expertise and a willingness to learn.
The following qualities are useful:
- A good sense of humour and strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and a desire to share ideas with people
- An excellent knowledge of your subject and the ability to communicate ideas (and adapt these to different skill levels)
- Professional presentation, punctuality and professionalism in working relationships
- Good speaking and writing skills
- A willingness to prepare before sessions and to meet administrative and reporting requirements
- A willingness to participate in professional development opportunities
- A willingness to reflect on feedback from students and take action as a result
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for a course or finding out more about this opportunity then please email Barbara Roper [email protected] or telephone our office on 033520701.