Tuition Fees for International Study
All fees are quoted in NZD
FEES - 2017/2018
|Full Year||$ 14,500 including $500 administration fee|
|One Term||$ 4,000 including $500 administration fee|
|Two Terms||$ 7,500 including $500 administration fee|
|Three Terms||$ 11,000 including $500 administration fee|
|Short Term||$ 400 per week plus $500 administration fee|
Note: Fees cover normal school tuition, and textbooks (on loan).
Payment may be made to:
Account name: Papanui High School
Bank: ASB Bank
Address: Northlands Shopping Centre, 55 Main North Road, Papanui, Christchurch, NZ,
Account number: 12-3147-0225793-00
Swift Address: ASBBNZ2A
(Please ensure the student’s name is included in the Reference)
ADDITIONAL COSTS: (Subject to change)
These are costs that students may incur once their subject is confirmed and they are attending class. They vary according to the individual programme chosen by the student, and are not covered by the standard tuition fee.
They may include:
- Some subjects fees where materials and equipment are not supplied (eg. Art, Food & Nutrition $50-250)
- Outdoor Education fee for one term is $200.00 ($800.00 for one year)
- Stationery (about $50 per year)
- Non-programmable scientific calculator for Mathematics, Physics etc (approximately $20)
- Trips out of school (approximately $5-75)
- Music camp (approx $160.00 for weekend. Approx. $385.00 if competing at Jazz Festival
- Sport fees ($40 – 50.00 – Travelling away tournament week: eg. $330.00). Adventure Club ($5-50.00)
- Entry fees for external examinations and awards
- NCEA - There is a flat rate of $383.30 for all levels of NCEA, i.e. Levels 1, 2 and 3. Further information can be found on http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/ncea/acrp/secondary/index.html
- All Scholarship subjects (additional to NQF fees) - $102.20 per subject
You can download information about fees here
This includes all meals and laundry.
2017: $255.00 per week inclusive of $10.00 per week service fee
2018: $260.00 per week inclusive of $10.00 per week service fee
2019: $265.00 per week inclusive of $10.00 per week service fee
Year 9 – 12 students: Approximately $600.00 new or $300 second-hand
Year 13 students: no uniform.
Short-term students: can also hire a uniform from us at a cost of $100 (non-refundable). Includes trousers (boys) / Summer skirt / Winter Kilt (girls) / Jersey, and appropriate jacket. Does not include shoes.
International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance to meet Code of Practice and Immigration requirements while in New Zealand.
Uni-Care Travel and Medical Insurance may be arranged through our school.
As a guide, the cost for one year is $515 (as of May 2017), but this amount is subject to change, and is beyond our control.
Outdoor Education NZ FEES
Refunds and Cancellations
This Policy is based on Section 48 (7) of the Education Amendment Act: No 4, 1991.
- If notice of cancellation is received in writing two weeks before the start of the course, full tuition fees will be refunded less any agency fee already paid and less the administration fee .
- If a student wishes to cancel study after the course has started this must be done within the first two weeks of the course. Costs will be deducted according to the length of study already undertaken.
- Full fees will not normally be refunded after the second week of study. (Full refunds after the second week will be made only on compassionate grounds at the discretion of Papanui High School.)
- No refunds will be made to students who are asked to leave Papanui High School as a result of breaking the school rules or New Zealand law.
Please refer to the Tuition Contract - Section 5.1-5.7.
The Papanui High School Board of Trustees guarantees a refund of unspent fees to International Students in the unlikely event of the school not being able to deliver its normal programme.
Uni-Care Travel and Medical Insurance guarantees reimbursement of non-refundable unused portions of education fees.
(Reference Uni-Care Policy section 1B – Additional expenses)